♥ Love List ♥

Okay, I know I’m way late to this party, but after reading everyone’s RTW posts from last week, I was very much inspired to make a ‘Love List’ for my WiP, Cross My Heart. But, as fate would have it, I’ve been busy revising the thing, and I’m just getting around to compiling my list. The timing works out kind of perfectly, though, because now that I’ve spent a good many days pouring over CMH, I feel extra lovey-dovey about it.

In case you missed it, last week’s official RTW topic was…

Inspired by Stephanie Perkins’ post on Natalie Whipple’s blog, what is your novel’s “Love List”?

And here’s mine:

All Things Baking
Complex Families
Bunco
Small Towns
Baby Sisters

Ambiguously Happy Endings

And, for your visual pleasure…

Seattle Aquarium

Pastry

!

Mistletoe

Cream in your coffee?

...

Have you made a Love List for your WiP? If I haven’t visited it yet, please link me to it in the comments!

(Oh, and today I’ve compiled a list of highly anticipated Fall, 2012 YA releases over at YA Confidential… Please do check it out!)

Advertisements

41 thoughts on “♥ Love List ♥

• katyupperman says:

Yay! Thanks, lady! 🙂 And I’d be grateful if you’d read the end for me again once I’m done re-imagining it. Maybe in a week or so? (Have you mentioned lately that you’re THE BEST? ♥)

• katyupperman says:

Thanks so much, Erin… You have no idea how much that means to me. I really and truly hope to be able to mail you a finished copy of this story one day. 🙂

1. Rebecca B says:

I love this list! Particularly drip coffee, up-against-the-wall kisses, and ambiguously happy endings. When can I read this?!

2. Temre Beltz says:

Oh, Katy, do I need to say how awesome this list is?? It is PERFECT! And that quote you included about being brave – so awesome! I love everything you included on the list, but especially liked bunco because I remember reading and thinking, “WOW, I will never think of bunco in the same way again, it is now one of the coolest things ever.”

• katyupperman says:

Haha! Bunco really CAN be fun. 😉 And thank you so much, Tem. Your feedback and support have been detrimental in the finishing the first draft of CMH, then its revision (and all without me losing my sanity!). Thank goodness for amazing writing friends!

3. Juliana Haygert says:

Your book sounds sooooo good!
    Slow Kisses, Frantic Kisses, Up-Against-the-Wall Kisses … HMMMMMM!

4. kford2007 says:

Love, love, love your list and all the pics to go with! Your book sounds like a great read. Gotta love those ambiguous happy endings. 🙂

How have you been? Have you been rattled by the earthquakes the last few days? I’d be scared out of my mind if the earth started moving beneath my feet. Take care.

• katyupperman says:

Everything here is good, Jenny, thanks for asking! We have been impacted by the earthquakes at all, thankfully. And yes, ambiguously happy endings are the BEST.

5. Jaime Morrow says:

Great love list, Katy! Reading everyone’s love lists last Wednesday (and now yours) is really making me wish that these books were on the shelves so I could snatch them up! Your WiP sounds fascinating! 🙂

6. Kitty says:

Great list and great visuals! I missed last week’s RTW, too, and have been wishing ever since that I hadn’t. Maybe I’ll do it, yet, too. 🙂

• katyupperman says:

You totally should, Kitty. It was a great exercise in recalling why I originally fell in love with this idea, these characters, and this story. Let me know if (when!) you post your Love List, because I’d love to check it out!

7. Elodie says:

Aww that quote at the end? Wow! 😀
    I really love love love this love list! Between the kisses and Johnny Cash (I love Johnny Cash!), the baking, the coffee…Crossing my fingers and toes and everything that I get to beg you for an ARC of this soon 😛

8. Krispy says:

Oh your WIP sounds delightful! Baking and coffee and all kinds of kisses! Also I absolutely love that quote at the end. Eee! Thanks for sharing this! I totally have to do a Love List myself one of these days. 🙂

9. Nicole Mc says:

I love it already!! My wip’s hero drive a big bad-ass black Ford F-150 and is a farmer in a small town. *swoon* (I’m slightly in love with him!! LOL Can’t wait to read yours!! 🙂

Comments are closed.