Paper Hangover is a fantastic group blog offering writing tips and advice, book reviews, weekly blog topics, and teen interviews. I recommend you spend some time exploring the site–they have so much to offer!
Here’s today’s Friday Five prompt:
1) Music. Particularly country music, because the songs are almost always little stories themselves.
2) Walking, biking, running, yard work… I get a lot of thinking, brainstorming, and plotting done while passing my exercise time.
3) Doing something creative with my hands, like quilting or appliqué or even coloring with my daughter.
4) Seemingly mind-numbingly boring activities like showering, driving, or vacuuming usually get my creativity flowing. Gotta keep my brain busy somehow!
5) Rereading something I’ve recently written and love, or rereading a favorite book with amazing plotting, imagery, or characterizations.
What about you? Where do you find your creative spark?