♥ Thanks so much for all the love regarding my YA Confidential announcement yesterday, guys! Your excitement and support mean the world to me! ♥
Welcome, May, and the first day of Blog Me MAYbe! Since it’s been awhile since I last posted about this awesome idea, here’s a refresher:
The brainchild of writer/blogger/all-around-awesome-person Sara McClung, Blog Me MAYbe is a weekly blog format for the month of May, an easy schedule to follow with topics built right in. Of course, if posting every day sounds like too much, or if you miss a few days, or only do a couple posts a week, no biggie. Blog Me MAYbe is all about ease and fun! You don’t have to worry about following every blogger who participates or commenting on everyone’s daily posts (though if you want to do that, feel free!). The intent of Blog Me MAYbe isn’t to gain followers — although that could very well happen – but to branch out, make a few new friends, share information, and get into the head space where ideas for blog posts flow freely.
And here’s the schedule:
- Mondays: May I tell you something about writing?
- This can be anything writing-related. A post on craft. A post on your process. A snippet of your WIP, if you like to share. A book on craft that you want to recommend. Things you struggle with. Things you rock at. ANYTHING at all!
- Tuesdays: May I tell you something about myself?
- Pretty self-explanatory… Share something about yourself that your followers might not know. Or, maybe they do. It doesn’t matter–this is just so people who read your blog can get to know you a little better.
- Wednesdays: May I ask something about you?
- Ask your followers something about themselves.
- Thursdays: May I tell you something about someone else?
- Make this post about someone else. A writing friend. A critique partner. A person from history who’s fascinating. A character from a book. Have a guest poster. Give an interview. Get creative, but let the spotlight shine on someone else!
- Fridays: May I share something funny?
- Fridays = The start of the weekend… BOOYA! A reason to celebrate and laugh on its own — plus, who doesn’t want to see something amusing after a long week?
Fun, right?! There’s still time to sign up, so head over to Sara’s blog if you’re interested, and feel free to grab our banner or the button below (both made by crazy-talented Tracey Neithercott) to use on your own blog.
And, since today is Tuesday and Tuesdays are for Tunes :), I’m going to share a little something about myself in the form of this fantastic music survey I snagged from Love is your Shield (slightly modified):
1. What are your three favorite songs right now? This Years Love by David Gray, Alone With You by Jake Owen, and Dancin’ Away With My Heart by Lady Antebellum.
2. What is the most played song on your iTunes? If I Die Young by The Band Perry (pretty much the theme song for my manuscript Where Poppies Bloom, so no surprise there!)
3. What song are you listening to right now? Farmer’s Daughter by Rodney Atkins
4. What was the last album you bought? I never buy full albums on iTunes and it’s been forever since I bought an actual CD, so… Maybe the soundtrack to Annie to listen to in the car with my daughter? (Incidentally, you should hear my girlie sing Tomorrow… Adorable!)
5. What was the last concert you went to? Taylor Swift’s Speak Now Tour last fall. It was freaking amazing. I took my daughter, and we had a blast!
6. What was the first album you ever bought? Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet (the cassette tape!). My parents bought it for me in the eighties because they’re cool like that.
7. What was the last single you downloaded? Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson… Such a fun song!
8. Favorite artist or band? Tim McGraw. I ask you: Is there a sexier man? (I also love Johnny Cash and Sugarland and T-Swift and Kenny Chesney.)
9. What’s your favorite musical genre? Country. Obviously.
10. Quote one of your favorite lyrics: I love this verse from Anna Nalick’s Breathe (2 am) because it speaks of writing:
2 AM and I’m still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it’s no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I’m naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you’ll use them, however you want to
I encourage you to grab this survey, fill in responses of your own, then comment here or tweet me to let me know where I can find your answers!
Until then… What’s your all-time favorite song?