In honor of the Day of Love, I’m jumping in on YA Highway‘s Valentine’s Day Blog Lovefest. The parameters are as follows: The Valentine blog posts can be a love note to anything–another blogger, a book, an author, a character, a bookstore, your beta readers…anything and anyone! Since I’m sort of terrible at following directions and at narrowing things down, and since it’s February 14th, I’m going to list…
FOURTEEN (TOTALLY RANDOM) THINGS I LOVE…
1. My husband. Because he’s selfless and patient and funny and kind and the very best kind of daddy to our little girl. Plus, he’s super cute.
2. My daughter. Because she’s sweet and precocious and thoughtful and adorable and she makes me smile every day.
3. My blog, and my blog readers, and YOUR blogs. Because your visits and your comments and your posts give me the greatest sense of community.
4. Inspiration. Because it’s everywhere. On TV. In nature. In art. In the kitchen. In window shopping and people watching and daydreaming. In the support of those who love me, and in the success of those before me.
5. Yoga. Because not only is it fantastic exercise, but it makes me feel more centered and grounded and peaceful.
6. Agent Vickie. Because she’s encouraging and savvy and writes some of the most hilarious emails and editorial notes ever. And because she loves my “people” like I do.
7. The lovelies who’ve read and commented so helpfully on my writing. Heather, Jus, Ann, Christa, Amie, Alison, and Kari — What would I do without you girls?!
8. Twitter. Because every day I learn something new, and every day I interact with brilliant people, and every day I feel less alone in my writing crazies.
9. Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate. Because it’s my writing fuel.
10. Books. Because they teach and entertain and transport and delight. A few of my favorites from this year so far? A Million Suns. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. The Disenchantments.
11. My writing/blogging friends and regular commenters. Especially Tracey, Jessica, Erin, Katharine, Alicia, Kris, Carol, Sophia, Kirsten, Caroline, Jaime, Elodie, Erin, and Rebecca (who I met through YA Highway’s Valentine’s Day blogfest last year!).
12. My family and (real-life) friends. Because they’re wildly supportive even though they don’t entirely understand this nutso writing dream of mine.
13. The Bookanista. Because they’re new friends with a mutual love for promoting amazing kidlit.
14. Pinterest. Because… I just can’t help myself. It’s simply awesome.
Who are you showing Valentine Love for today?