In honor of the Day of Love, I’m jumping in on YA Highway‘s Valentine’s Day Blog Lovefest. The parameters are as follows: The Valentine blog posts can be a love note to anything–another blogger, a book, an author, a character, a bookstore, your beta readers…anything and anyone! Since I’m sort of terrible at following directions and at narrowing things down, and since it’s February 14th, I’m going to list…
FOURTEEN (TOTALLY RANDOM) THINGS I LOVE…
1. My husband. Because he’s selfless and patient and funny and kind and the very best kind of daddy to our little girl. Plus, he’s super cute.
2. My daughter. Because she’s sweet and precocious and thoughtful and adorable and she makes me smile every day.
3. My blog, and my blog readers, and YOUR blogs. Because your visits and your comments and your posts give me the greatest sense of community.
4. Inspiration. Because it’s everywhere. On TV. In nature. In art. In the kitchen. In window shopping and people watching and daydreaming. In the support of those who love me, and in the success of those before me.
5. Yoga. Because not only is it fantastic exercise, but it makes me feel more centered and grounded and peaceful.
6. Agent Vickie. Because she’s encouraging and savvy and writes some of the most hilarious emails and editorial notes ever. And because she loves my “people” like I do.
7. The lovelies who’ve read and commented so helpfully on my writing. Heather, Jus, Ann, Christa, Amie, Alison, and Kari — What would I do without you girls?!
8. Twitter. Because every day I learn something new, and every day I interact with brilliant people, and every day I feel less alone in my writing crazies.
9. Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate. Because it’s my writing fuel.
10. Books. Because they teach and entertain and transport and delight. A few of my favorites from this year so far? A Million Suns. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. The Disenchantments.
11. My writing/blogging friends and regular commenters. Especially Tracey, Jessica, Erin, Katharine, Alicia, Kris, Carol, Sophia, Kirsten, Caroline, Jaime, Elodie, Erin, and Rebecca (who I met through YA Highway’s Valentine’s Day blogfest last year!).
12. My family and (real-life) friends. Because they’re wildly supportive even though they don’t entirely understand this nutso writing dream of mine.
13. The Bookanista. Because they’re new friends with a mutual love for promoting amazing kidlit.
14. Pinterest. Because… I just can’t help myself. It’s simply awesome.
Who are you showing Valentine Love for today?
44 thoughts on “Happy Valentine’s Day!”
YAY!! Sending lots of love back your way!!! I have been AWFUL about commenting lately (I need to write a post about it)
Hope you and your have a lovely day!
Thanks, Kat! I’ve been sort of slacking on commenting lately too, but I’m resolving to be better. Happy Valentine’s Day!
you and *yours*
Aww, this makes me feel all warm and cuddly inside. Love the picture of your husband and daughter!
Thanks, Meredith! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you, Katy!
I went all “awwwww” when I saw my name there, thank you!
The pic of your hubby and daughter is absolutely adorable, and you’re my Yoga hero! (and …Pinterest is indeed simply awesome :-))
Thanks so much, Elodie! Yoga is awesome, and so is Pinterest. (Both are also equally addictive!) Happy Valentine’s Day!
Awww! ❤ Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!!
Hope you’re having fun celebrating with your family, Alison. ❤
Yes, this community of writer-bloggers is pretty awesome. At least the ones I’ve got to know so far. Have a great day, Katy! 🙂
Thanks, Colin! I hope you have a Happy Valentine’s Day as well!
Yay! Valentine’s Day love back to you! Have a great day with lots of Ghiradelli 🙂
Oh, I intend to. 🙂 Thanks, Rebecca!
YAY! Your list made me smile so big. Especially the yoga, chocolates, and the fact that you met one of your closest writing friends through our blogfest last year!! Amazing. Have a loooooovely day!
Thanks, Sarah! I hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day as well. 🙂
All the Valentine’s squishes and well-wishes back to you, Katy 🙂 Have a wonderful day with that hubby and cutie patootie daughter of yours!
Thanks so much, Jaime! We’ve had a great day so far. Hope you have fun celebrating as well. 🙂
Your list made me smile. 🙂
Yay! Happy Valentine’s Day, Alicia. 🙂
Aww, right back at you, Katy! Love the photo of hubby and daughter, so cute. Have a great Valentine’s Day!
Thanks so much, Sophia! Happy Valentine’s Day to you as well. 🙂
This is a great list to love! Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Thanks, Donelle. Happy Valentine’s Day to you as well!
I’m showing love for my poor neglected WIP today, with a teaser on my blog. And I’m a chocolate addict, too, but Scharffen-Berger is my favorite, yum!
Yay for CHOCOLATE. I feel as though you should eat as much as you want on Valentine’s Day. 🙂 Looking forward to reading your teaser, Angelica!
Just had some in hot chocolate form–and that was Ghirardelli, their Hazelnut Hot Chocolate in almond milk. Scrumdillicious!
Love Pinterest too! I’m still trying to figure it all out, but I adore the idea and everything I’ve seen so far!
What a fabulous list of yours, too! Beautiful honor to your family and friends.
My list includes my friends (who are my chosen family), and MYSELF. I find myself single this VD and am taking this time to celebrate the fact that I didn’t settle and that I can enjoy LOVE – even as a single gal. 🙂
Love it, Christine! So glad you’re celebrating and embracing Valentine’s Day… who cares if you’re single?! Usually my husband is deployed for this holiday and I end up with my daughter as my Valentine. She’s an awesome substitute. 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day!
Yay! Happy Valentine’s Day. 🙂
Thanks, Ghenet. Back at ya!
Thanks Katy. Happy Valentines day!
You too, Kirsten! Have a lovely day!
I think Twitter is my favorite Valentine this year! Shhh… don’t tell my boyfriend 😉
Ha! I totally know where you’re coming from. What would I do without Twitter, my beloved? 🙂
Can I just reiterate everything on your list now? (Except for the husband and daughter part, hehe. Oh, and yoga. And the agent. :P) CHOCOLATE YES. Mint chocolate especially. Or chocolate on Danish cookies. Those are fabulous. Okay, I should probably go eat dinner before I tempt myself… 😛
So glad to know I’m not alone in my chocolate weakness! I think you should indulge today, Yahong! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Aww, these are awesome things to love! Have to agree with you on books and chocolate and friends (online and RL!) and family! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks, lady! Back at ya! 🙂
I love this post. 🙂 I will read anything of yours, anytime! I’m not just a fan by friend-default, you are a *super* talented writer. Who knew when we were in high school together!? So proud of you and still so happy Matt’s home with his girls. Love you all. 🙂
Thanks, Kari! Your comment made my night! And I’ll definitely take you up on that “I will read anything of yours, anytime!” comment. Your feedback is fantastic. Hope you and Patrick have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Yay! What a great post! 😀 I hope you had a great day with your wonderful little family, Katy, and I’m so glad to be part of this awesome community with you! xoxo
Ditto, Jess! And thanks! 🙂
Oh man, I can feel the love in this! You guys have a beautiful family. How very blessed you are.
And THANK YOU for the shoutout, my dear. It’s a pleasure to know you. I’m grateful for you. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s day!
Comments are closed.