The Class of 2011: YA Superlatives Blogfest is a fun and interactive way to highlight and share your favorite YA novels, covers, characters, and story elements. The Class of 2011: YA Superlatives Blogfest will span four days, beginning Tuesday, December 27th and culminating Friday, December 30th.
The rules for participating are simple:
1. Add your name to the Google form below.
2. Select books/characters that apply to the superlative topics for each day of the blogfest. Feel free to give explanations for your choices. You can go into as much detail as you like!
3. Schedule your posts to go live on the days indicated.
4. Add a link to your post on Jessica’s, Tracey’s, Alison’s, or my blog.
5. Take a few moments to hop around and check out the superlatives of other participants each day.
See? Fun AND easy! But wait, there’s more!
Some additional information:
– Unless otherwise indicated by the topic, stick with books published in 2011.
– Of course we want you to participate in all four days of the blogfest, but if you’re only able to commit to a day or two, that’s cool too!
– Don’t have a book or character to fit a particular topic? No biggie—just skip it!
– For the sake of continuity, focus on YA books only.
– Pretty please keep your posts spoiler free!
Are you curious about the topics yet?
Tuesday, December 27th: Head of the Class
Favorite Science Fiction
Favorite Historical Fiction
Favorite Paranormal Romance
Favorite Family Drama
Favorite Genre Bender
Wednesday, December 28th: Popularity Contest
Choose characters who fit each topic from ANY YA book!
Most Likely to Become a Rock Star
Mostly Likely to Start a Riot
Fashion King and/or Queen
Girl You’d Most Want For Your BFF
Boy You Wish You’d Dated in High School
Most Likely to Become President
Villain You Love to Hate
Favorite Parental Figure
Thursday, December 29th: Elements of Fiction
Most Envy-Inducing Plot (Or, the plot you wish you’d thought of yourself.)
Most Wonderful World-Building
Most Formidable World (Or, the setting you most definitely would NOT want to travel to.)
Wanderlust-Inducing (Or, the setting you’d happily travel to.)
Best First Line
Most Dynamic Main Character
Most Jaw-Dropping Finale
Best Performance in a Supporting Role
Best Use of Theme
Friday, December 30th: Best in Show
Most Likely to Succeed (Or, pick a Printz Winner)
Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Bedtime (The book you just couldn’t put down!)
Best Repeat Performance (Your favorite sequel or follow-up.)
Romance Most Worthy of an Ice Bath
Pair Most Likely to Stay Best Friends Till They’re 80
Breakout Novel (Favorite Book by a Debut Author)
Best Old-Timer (Your favorite read of the year, published BEFORE 2011.)
Most Likely to Make a Grown Man Cry
Most Pleasant Surprise (The best book you didn’t think you’d like, but totally did.)
Most Creative Use of a Love Triangle
Sleeper Hit (Book you found so awesome you wish it had been hyped more.)
And now it’s your turn! Pick your own superlative category and post it at the end of today’s list. Blog hoppers can drop by and vote for their pick in the comments of your blog!
See? Fun! And you’ve still got a few weeks to read the last of the 2011 novels in your pile, pick your favorites, and assign answers to each topic–plenty of time to join in on the excitement!
A few more things:
– Please include the Class of 2011: YA Superlatives Blogfest banner at the top of your posts.
– Feel free to spread the word! We’d love to have lots of participants, so tweets and posts promoting the Class of 2011: YA Superlatives Blogfest are welcome and encouraged!
– Don’t forget to fill out the Google Form below. Since this is a busy time of year, we’ll be sending out a reminder email or two over the next few weeks, and we want to be able to reach you! (Don’t worry—we won’t share your information!)
Spread the word about the Class of 2011: YA Superlative Blogfest! Grab our button and add it to your sidebar!