Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and myself. Find the rest of the details HERE.
Today I’m setting my RSW goals…
1. Complete a revision of my contemporary YA, Where Poppies Bloom. I’m currently about a 1/3 of the way through the heavy overhauling, and then I’ll need to do a read-through. I’d like to have the manuscript CP-ready by the end of June, and agent-ready by the end of July.
2. Complete the first draft of my contemporary YA, The Road So Far, by the close of RSW. This WiP is currently plotted and sitting at 30K words. I am super verbose in my first drafts, so I suspect it will be “done” at around 80K. Yikes.
3. Read (on average) one YA/adult novel per week.
4. Read (on average) one MG novel with my daughter every two weeks.
5. Maintain my tan. (Yes.)
That’s it! Simple, right?
Don’t forget… this year we’ll be using headings for our weekly updates, which will take place every Monday. The headings are as follows…
* How I did on last week’s goal(s).
* My goal(s) for this week.
* A favorite line from my project OR a word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
* The biggest challenge I faced this week.
* Something I love about my WiP.
We’ll see you next week for our first official progress posts. Until then, best of luck with your writing/revising, and please do link your own goals post below…