It’s February, which means it’s time for Writer Recharge!
Once again hosted by Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij Sara Biren, and myself, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers. Find all the details HERE.
#WriterRecharge Update One
- WRITE/REVISE – By the end of February I want to be done drafting my WiP, Stars Like Dust, and I’d like to have started addressing the revision to-do list I’ve made for it. –> I spent the week doing a read-thru of what I’ve got so far. And… I wrote new words for Stars Like Dust! It’s been awhile so it was a struggle, but I’m finally starting to reclaim my momentum. Just for fun, I started a short story, too.
- READ/REREAD – I’d like to read at least four books this month, at least one non-contemporary, and at least one a non-YA. –> I read two books last week: Gayle Forman’s I Was Here and Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World (checking my non-YA goal block). Now I’m reading The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (and crossing off my non-contemporary goal).
- STRETCH – One of my Thirty Before 35 goals is to write something that’s not contemporary YA, so I hope to start brainstorming what that something might be. I have some vague ideas, but writing anything outside the realm of Real Life is a big stretch for me, which means this project is going to require a lot of musing. –> Still brainstorming…
- SELF – I’d like to pick up yoga again. I’ve been slacking over the last several months, and I hope to practice at least twice a week. –> Success! I practiced yoga two times over the last week. Hoping to do three or four session in the coming week.
- CONNECT – Ooh, this one’s easy! I’m headed to West Virginia for a weekend-long writing retreat this Thursday. I’ve never done one, and some of my favorite writing buddies are coming! –> Success! We had an amazing weekend. Perfect location, awesome company, inspiring conversation, and lots of productivity. Can’t wait to do another!
- FUN – My daughter and I are going to start a quilt this month. Even if we only make it to the store to choose fabrics… it’s happening. Baby steps. 🙂 –> We haven’t started yet, but we plan to in the coming weeks.
Participating in Writer Recharge?
Head over to Sara’s blog to link your update post.