It’s February, which means it’s time for Writer Recharge!
Once again hosted by Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij Sara Biren, and myself, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
How Writer Recharge Works
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on Sara’s blog.
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
This year, we’ve come up with a few categories you might want to consider when making your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all:
- WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
- READ/REREAD – Read a book that’s been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
- STRETCH – Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you’re afraid of heights – that kind of thing.
- SELF – Do something good for your mind or your body.
- CONNECT – Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
- FUN – Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.
My #WriterRecharge Goals
- WRITE/REVISE – By the end of February, I want to be completely done drafting my WiP, Stars Like Dust, and I’d like to have started addressing the revision to-do list I’ve made for it.
- READ/REREAD – I’d like to read at least four books this month, at least one non-contemporary, and at least one a non-YA.
- STRETCH – One of my Thirty Before 35 goals is to write something that’s not contemporary YA, so I hope to start brainstorming what that something might be. I have some vague ideas, but writing anything outside the realm of Real Life is a big stretch for me, which means this possible project is going to require a lot of musing.
- SELF – I’d like to pick up yoga again. I’ve been slacking over the last several months, and I hope to practice at least twice a week.
- CONNECT – Ooh, this one’s easy! I’m headed to West Virginia for a weekend-long writing retreat this Thursday. I’ve never done one before, and some of my favorite writing buddies are coming along, including my Writer Recharge co-host Elodie!
- FUN – My daughter and I are going to start a quilt this month. Even if we only make it to the store to choose fabrics… it’s happening. Baby steps. 🙂
We hope you’ll join us for this year’s Writer Recharge!
Head over to Sara’s blog to link your Goals post.