Happy birthday to me!
Last year (when I turned 33) I posted about how I suck at birthdays and generally fail at aging gracefully — mentally. I look great. 😉 Anyway, you can read all about it HERE if you like. The gist of that original post is that I wanted to create a part to-do list, part bucket list that makes me feel positive and accomplished and excited about the passage of time.
I’m happy to report that so far it’s working. I’ve crossed twelve of the thirty items off my list over the course of the last year. Now that I’m 34, I’m determined to knock out as many of the leftovers as possible. (Though there are a few I’m not sure I care about anymore, like #8 and #21. Oh, well. If I manage them, great. If not, whatevs.) So. Here’s where I’m at…
Bake a Rainbow Cake.
- Sell a novel (or two!).
- Complete a 500 piece puzzle.
Have a picnic on the beach. Read and review a Stephen King novel. Drink a Hurricane in New Orleans. Have professional family photos taken.
- Run Disney’s Princess 1/2 Marathon.
- Attend a writers’ conference.
Order a Stitch Fix box.
- See a musical.
- Plan and host a tea party with my girl.
- Make a quilt.
- Take an international vacation.
Watch Friday Night Lights in its entirety.
- Complete a three day juice cleanse.
- Write a manuscript that’s not contemporary YA.
- Pass 2K Twitter followers.
Read Speak (my most shameful YA gap book).
- Host a brunch.
- Master “Space-A” travel.
Attend a writers’ retreat. Get a massage.
- Make Chocolate Babka.
- Add another child to our family.
- Visit Mount Rushmore.
- Master “Crow” pose in yoga.
Go to a(nother) country music concert.
- Plant an herb garden.
Teach my daughter to swim (really well).
Cheer me on, okay? ❤