Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and myself. All the details are HERE.
Throughout the summer Alison, Jaime, Erin, Elodie, and I will be hosting Twitter writing parties using the hashtag #RSWrite (feel free to kick-start your own too!), giving away writerly care packages, and at the end of Ready. Set. Write!, we’ll be rewarding ourselves with what we’re calling “Manicures and Manuscripts.” Also, check out our RSW members’ list on Twitter. Stay tuned for more info!
Today we’re setting goals for the summer. Here are mine…
1. Draft at least 30K words in my new WiP. (Average 500 words per weekday, hopefully, to keep this manageable.)
2. Read 12 books. (Average one book per week.)
3. Get stronger. (Practice yoga at least 3 days a week.)
4. Explore. (We’re moving to the D.C. area this month, where there will be plenty to do and see. I want to take advantage of museums, parks, pools, libraries, landmarks, etc. by seeing at least one new place each week.)
5. Cross at least two items off my Thirty Before 35 list.
And don’t forget — next week (Monday, June 15th) we’ll be posting our first update using these headings…
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
2. My goal(s) for this week.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
5. Something I love about my WiP.
Are you joining us for Ready. Set. Write!? If so, don’t forget to leave a link to your Goals post below. You have all week to do so. 🙂
See you next week for our first update. Happy writing!